Monday, March 2, 2009

growling girls

As Dennis walked by the girls room, he heard them growling at each other and started loudly singing "love is the kingdom's banner...." and then made up some other words as to how they should treat each other. Then it was back to the garage for him to help another stubborn child with her science homework. Fun night for him....not. But I am sitting here enjoying two things. One, my husband is good at making up funny songs and sayings to snap kids out of the funks they can get in, and two, he is a good dad for caring enough to pay attention to fighting kids and help a tired, uncooperative kid with her homework.
A fun night for me as I sit here listening to him make up funny things to say to the kids. I'm laughing as silently as I can.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

THAT part of your hubby is from his Grandpa Frank....our dad was just like that! He had a song or saying or riddle for just about every situation, and Dennis has carried that on in the Hamon family. Enjoy! Auntie Kay

GIEJ Long said...

I am glad I found your blog and thanks for all the pictures and details about your girls and you.
We can't wait the great news now, I'll keep checking your blog, in case you or somebody has time to let people know when the day arrives.
Your girls are so pretty and they look so much like each other. I love that picture of them sleeping :-)...
I wonder if their little brother will look like them.
Thinking of you!!!

Kari D. said...

Hi Rebekah! Of course I don't mind if you put my blog link on your page. I definitely like the name Zane. That's a great, classic one. Fun to keep up with all of you...looking happy and energetic.